Sunday, January 15, 2006

Your Mama uses Protools

After a conversation with some one today I jsut had to write about this. I think this really sums up how far technolgy hascome in the recording indusrty.

After listening to a demo fowarded to me by my MAnager over at Robec Ent. We eventaully started talking on t he phone about the demo. As iasked how it was produced and record I was shocked to hear the answer. This young artist in her early teens had her demo produced and record by her Mom after she went to the stor and bought an MBOX. The mother bought the Digidesign product brough it home and learned howto use it well enough to record her dausghters demo.

To all the people who have sent me a demo inthe past get ready for some bad news. Thesound quality onthis demo was clean and clear and the voclas were recorded better then anything i think i have been sent this past year. Of course the mixing was not radio ready but over all the sound qaulty was very good.

I think t he bar on demo production had jsut gotten raised a whole lot higher. People really have no excuse. and Ill jsut leave it on that note. That is how far protools has reached and how stringly it is impacted the newrange of talent that is walking iinto the indusrty.

Peace
Producer/ Engineer
Jazdout

GNX Music

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home